Monday, September 26, 2011

Labor Day is not a day of rest

Cami and I had a goal to ride the Alpine Loop by the end of the summer on our pretty bicycles. Of course Cami hasn't touched her road bike since labor day (due to busy schedules, and the lack of sunlight at 6 am in the morning), but I can't say that I've had much time since then to put some good miles on my bike as well.

Cami and I have had so much fun riding our bikes this summer. Our first big bike trip was down to St. George earlier this spring, and it seems like we've been everywhere a few times in north Utah County, even Eagle Mountain: A shout-out to John and Cosette and kids.

There was some awesome views along our path (see map of our Alpine Loop Trip) but we didn't have time to take them because we didn't want to lose momentum.

Actually, those that know me well wouldn't allow me to post something to my blog without a picture. So here are a few.

This is where we pulled the bikes out of the truck and took a picture at the summit.
 I know that's what some of you are thinking. But I have to give props to Cami who was probably not as prepared as we should have been to do this ride. Cami is tougher than she thinks, though. Nice work, Cami.
Go AF Lacrosse
The backside of Mt.Timpanogos.
We hurried and jumped off our bikes and hiked to the saddle of Mt. Timpanogos. But I forgot to take pictures of us at the top. Whoops.

The day couldn't have been better. We left at 7 am, and returned home about 4 hours later. It was thankfully a bit overcast, because the heat probably would have made it much more difficult with us being inexperienced bikers. But we did it, and lived to tell the story!

1 comment: